Author Posts

October 26, 2018 at 9:01 am

I have found that understand what emotions are really helps. An emotion is composed of two things: a feeling and a thought. it’s always both those things. What you are experiencing is a numb sensation of the feeling part of an emotion. That’s normal, if you think about it. We have to keep overwhelm away.

The things we can do, however, is to analyze what we are thinking. Are we thinking that life is hopeless because something happened? Are we thinking that others might be laughing at us? It’s important to know what we are thinking, because that’s where we start. I call it a principle: F + T = E. If we take our feelings and thoughts apart, it’s easier to begin figuring out the real issue.

Numbness is a protection, not something we are doing wrong.

October 26, 2018 at 9:03 am

Nobody reading this really has a clue about you, or knows anything about your life. But these might be some questions you can answer yourself. Are you engaged in life, do you go lots of places and do lots of things, do you go where there’s lots of interesting people you can talk to with common interests? Because if you’re not doing any of these things and you’re just passively expecting your life to make you happier – well, how’s that working for you? You’re creating it all either way right?!

You are at cause in your life, not an effect. Just physically get moving even if you don’t feel like it at the beginning, fake it till you do feel it and the inspiration will come. A lot of life is like this, trust you are not alone.

October 26, 2018 at 9:05 am

Looks like you dont care too much about other people. Do you care about yourself? That could be the root issue here. Have you got self confidence issues? Do you value yourself? Depending on the answers you should start from the inside to the outside. Fixing any internal issues on this personal relationship with yourself will help relating to others. Try loving yourself more as a starting point. Then continue loving others starting with family and then friends. Good luck!

October 26, 2018 at 9:07 am

Then why do you care enough to ask the question? You obviously have solid boundaries and don’t feel a need to bond with others. I’d look into this with a good psychologist because in my opinion, you are missing out on a lot of the reciprocity and fulfillment of relationships. Which I believe is preferable to being so detached. It’s up to you how much it bothers you, and if you want to actually risk coming out of your shell. You have to decide if love is fulfilling to you, or not.

October 26, 2018 at 9:08 am

When the world can have overtly emotional people who cry for every little thing, why can’t it have un-emotional people!
I mean isn’t that perfectly okay to be logical about things. I do agree with basic human empathy but feelings of detachment doesn’t make one a bad person. Come to think of it, Stoics believed in this theory of living life from a detached neutral standpoint. The Bhagvad Gita says, and I quote- “One who is not too happy in happiness and too gloomy in times of despair is the one who attains siddhi (Complete knowledge/accomplishment)”. Most of the people can’t reach this state so this feels weird to them, maybe. That being said, I don’t think one should lack basic social empathy.

July 16, 2019 at 2:32 pm

Thats a good one Ms. Seetha… thanks for sharing… i appreciate it!

• This reply was modified 5 days, 21 hours ago by  Samual Dean.