Author Posts

October 12, 2018 at 4:31 am

Hi, I am Syed and I am a banker. Right from my childhood, I have been a very emotional and introvert person. I want to know how logical thinking can be used to overcome emotions.

• This topic was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by  Sayeed Ahmed.
  • This topic was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by  Sayeed Ahmed.

October 12, 2018 at 4:45 am

Our mind is naturally tuned to both logical and emotional thinking and it is natural to more inclined on either of the two. The only thing you can do is to believe with conviction that logical thinking never goes wrong. Practising logical thinking persistently will help you in developing it as your predominant way of thinking.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by  Rajesh Kumar.

October 12, 2018 at 5:33 am

I agree with Rajesh. Practising logical thinking in normal everyday circumstances without the fear of being judged by others is a good way of overcoming emotions.

October 12, 2018 at 5:45 am

Emotions can be the most illogical thing and one may find herself to be immersed in unexplained feelings at any time. I think meditation can help in calming down the negative feelings and emotions and pave way for a clearer mind.

October 12, 2018 at 5:56 am

You have the power to decide what you focus on. Emotions may take a toll on you sometimes but you have to lift yourself up each time you find yourself sinking in heavy dose of emotions. Act like a brat, take charge of the situation and deal with it like a boss. Practice doping this and logic will prevail over emotions.

October 12, 2018 at 6:27 am

Sigghangna Singh is right in saying that meditation is a way to make logical mind take over the emotional heart. A calm mind makes you logical in your thinking.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by  Ravi Nigam.

October 12, 2018 at 7:19 am

It is ok to feel emotional but up to a limit. Do not take emotions to take charge over you. Logic is the language of the conscious mind and it can be handled by us and used to eliminate heavy emotions.