Author Posts

October 12, 2018 at 7:41 am

How to overcome depression?

September 27, 2019 at 5:37 am

By acknowledging that times are tough ! By Being resilient and having the belief that life always changes . This is not gonna last .

By Being kind , self -compassionate , being your best friend

And then you gotto know what caused you problems . Being self aware of yourself thought patterns can go a long way . IT can be done by meditation

Everyone must see a clinical psychologist becuase it can be very difficult to handle such situations . job is half done if you do so .

You need to skip medication at some point . LEarning to deal with withdrawal symptoms

Getting support from family and friends

Getting a new social circle

Exercising and meditating until it goes way . MEditate even after healing

Helping people who are depressed .

Saying thank you every day

Forgiving people ! .. Letting it go

STop expecting to get better and stop making life plans

Breathe ! whenever you can

Getting a pet that can love you a lot

Exercise of jog on a daily basis

Improving relationships that one burnt bridge with

changing the negative voice inside ones head .

Having knowledge about depression . This helped me a lot .

Not letting everyone know that you have depression . Many wont understand . It saves the stigma ans weird awkward glances

Getting in touch with your soul . Doing what you love the most in the world .

Having realistic expectations . Knowing that ones thinking , decision making , concentration will be affected .

By sleeping well , priortising sleep , even when the Earth shakes . Health is first priority . Dump the dreams goals and everything ! PAuse it

Have a truck load of patience .

Hava an app to remind yourself of the vitamins and omega 3 etc

HAving a daily schedule . It will help a lot

Getting some sun

I did all of this , simultaneously to get better !

September 27, 2019 at 6:57 am

The question and brief summary sounds like you need more “me time.” What do you actually do for yourself to have fun daily?

In addition, it would be prudent to have lab work done on hormone levels and micro-nutrient levels at this point.

I tweeted this quote today. It was the key to help me get out of my depression period – “The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old but on building the new.”

If I would have taken action on this quote 5 years ago, depression would have been conquered much sooner.

During my depression phase, I read self-improvement books like there was no tomorrow. I believed that I would find the one nugget of information that would have released me from my depressed torment.

I researched the net tirelessly for easy solutions.

I practiced meditation on a routine basis. I even attended several meditation retreats. Even though the momentary bliss’ were nice, depression was a hungry beast.

I was an endurance athlete before depression hit. I ran and ran as much as I could. It was so easy before. A mile felt like an eternity to finish.

I always ate healthy before depression hit. During depression, I took it up a couple of notches hoping that it would improve things. Nope.

I avoided any type of prescription drugs since I believe(d) in a combination of modern/western medicine, holistic, and eastern medicine.

I believed that my overall actions would pull me out of depression. I tried and tried. Tried again. Life still felt dull.

Here’s the reason. Depression felt so heavy because I was fighting to change my old ways. The old ways imprinted itself into a paradigm impossible to change. I expended all my energy trying to change the impossible.

The impossible was like trying to order the same dish at a restaurant where you dined for years only to find out the restaurant changed to a completely different cuisine with new management. Impossible.

New ways of change can only replace an existing old paradigm. The person must go through a period of intense experiences to establish a new sense of purpose. Sort of like the, “iron in the fire” idea. Metaphorically speaking, place some iron in the fire oven. The results afterwards is how a person amalgamates the pieces.

Then one day, all of a sudden, I shifted my focus and intent away from fighting my old ways of doing and thinking about things. I redirected my focus towards a new way of change.

Given 24 hours, I invested 90% of those hours into a fresh, new way, of change to construct a new paradigm around me. I surrendered to the old paradigm and ferociously embraced forward to a new one.

I conditioned my thinking process to view life from a new perspective towards the change I wanted in life. A new horizon set in.

With a new paradigm seeded, my courage and passion took over in all things that made sense in this new paradigm.

Every time an old thinking pattern sneaked up I would speak in my mind, “cancel!”, “nope!”, “leave!” “you don’t belong here anymore!”,”get the f#^% out!”

It was tough to do because during the shift there were numerous random old thoughts that smashed down upon my fragile mind. My mind was like a little kid stuck in a little box while a giant hammer cracked and cracked away to discourage me to break free.

At first, it was scary because my old support system on all levels were gone. My old ways of understanding the world around me was gone. My old ways of thinking about daily things were gone. My old ways of expectations were gone (all gone Pete Tong).

I made sure that my thoughts were aligned in optimism and directed my focus towards the long-term vision. My long-term vision was how I envisioned myself living from day-to-day.

I viewed the world with a fresh set of eyes. Slowly my attitude shifted into a more energetic one. The shift felt like a I discovered a new source of energy from within.

It felt like I had power to attack and ward off those menacing thoughts of depression. I found “beast mode.” It was as if I found a different angle to engage life in. A new paradigm was born.

I imagined deeply and expressed the emotions of what it felt like to be living the life I dreamed of. Depressed feelings were all gone. Past negative thoughts were all gone. Stress diminished to a manageable level. And eventually my dream became a reality.

So you could imagine through out this process my “me times” were extraordinarily proactive to say the least. Well worth it.

September 27, 2019 at 10:22 am

Certainly YES. Many years ago I plummetted into a horribly deep Depression that I couldn’t see a way out of. Later I realised just how much of it was directly attributed to the fact of fundamental spiritual incompatibilties between myself and the person I loved and was by then living with, the truth of which was only fully revealed when we parted ways (18yrs ago( and they used a co-conspirator to forge my signature at the bank and tried to rob me of my Life Savings having evidently delusionally convinced themself that what was mine, was now theirs. Alcoholics. They’re selfish bastards & trouble even before they start drinking.

I recovered completely partly by “bluffing myself” (an interesting effective tactic essentially based around a version of self-imposed Denial) and partly as a result of the dog-with-a-bone determination not to give in to a debilitating condition.

Today the only time I even mention Depression is when I’’m talking about and trying to support others to conquer theirs; Yes you can completely recover – and yes you CAN in all honesty quite rightly partially blame others for you being ill because it’s frequently the case that others are forming cliques that exclude you, are talking about you behind your back, are being discriminatory/using loaded dice Decision-making in the workplace; There are forces at large in the world that many people don’t even perceive to exist and those non-visible and usually wickedness based forces DO subconsciously & negatively influence your life so to recover you have to focus as much as humanly possible on your own efforts to develop skills and share resources equally with others. Don’t be conned by the emotional cat burglar whose sneaky B** tactics of going behind your back are designed to disrespect, undermine you at work or secretly socially humilate you.

If there’s any forging to be done let it be the forging of a new destiny for yourself. When you decide to be fully recovered – stop talking about your Mental Health and having ever suffered Depression. FORGET Depression. Put it behind you.

September 27, 2019 at 10:29 am

I have been helping clients/patients out of depression for over 4 decades. I spent 3 years in deep, clinical depression myself. Over the years and from my experiences I have developed a successful therapeutic strategy for helping clients overcome depression. I posted the entire strategy at my blog noted in my credential. It is called, Freedom from Suffering. You can read it online there if you like. If the approach appeals to you implement it starting today. It is not easy but it can be done.

Having said that. Clinical depression is a serious illness. Self care is an important aspect of overcoming depression but I find that it is extremely important that you have the support and guidance of a good therapist with an expertise in depression. Depression is complex and treating depression requires a multi-disciplinary approach. It requires a great deal of work and commitment on your part and the support and guidance of a good therapist is invaluable.

My suggestion is to reach out to a therapist who can help you out of this darkness. Depression is not a lifetime sentence. You can overcome it.

I hope this is helpful.

September 30, 2019 at 8:35 am

I was a blackout drinker, Like you, I had no stopping mechanism I would just keep going until i practically became a different person, a person not many people liked, a person i didn’t much like, although I didn’t care so much because I didn’t remember what had happened, and alot of the times especially in the earlier days I used to think it was funny.

But there is nothing funny about it, The amount of times I blacked out from drinking scares me to think about it now, I consider myself extremely lucky to be alive and extremely lucky I didn’t do any serious harm to anyone else.

I drank for 15 years, and 10 of those years I had a great amount of fun, 3 of those years i was starting to worry and though I may have a problem, and 2 of those years were complete hell, as I new I had a problem wanted to stop but had no idea how to life my life without alcohol.

Ask yourself this question, do you see your life benefiting from alcohol?

You have clearly noticed something early on in your drinking career, something that obviously doesn’t sit well with you, but only you can answer the question you have asked. Only you can make the decision to stop drinking.

I will leave on this note however, It took me 10 years to even start thinking I had a drinking problem and I drank very similarly to what you have described from the get go, If I could go back to 7 months into my drinking career and know what I know now, and I was asking myself the same question you have asked here. I know what my answer would be.

Good luck mate.

The Alcoholic Entrepreneur

October 15, 2019 at 11:54 am

Oh “Depression”, one of my ex-girlfriend 😀
I have been through this for a very long time, I understand your problem. As we know there is no lock made without a key, so it is.

You are the Key to this Lock which has made you lock in state of depression. I will just mention some ways, which has helped me and I am sure will help you too, provided you are determined to get rid of it.

First of all believe that Life can be beautiful, and it has just started by making this decision
Read “You Can Win” by Shiv Khera first of all.
Read biographies of successful people
Avoid alone time.
Make a list of “Affirmations” positive ones, and read them daily twice a day loud. If you don’t know how, email me.
Try to get involved in Friends and Family (in starting your mind will divert and you will feel like to go in alone, resist that and soon you will become comfortable)
Watch funny videos or serials on TV
Try to smile a lot (for no reasons too)
Laugh like a child.

That’s all. And Most Important is “Believe You Can”.
Soon You Will Be Definitely Out Of It.

Good Luck 😀