Author Posts

September 27, 2019 at 8:47 am

The term ‘peer pressure’ means the influence of people of your age group over your life. Your friends or classmates play a very significant role in your life. They are those people with whom we have our most of interaction. And according to the usual mindset, we all try to conform so that we are fully accepted in our environment.

Peer pressure begins when we begin to mull over the things other people would notice. Like our appearance, our academics or our behavior. We try to fit in by establishing a common notion that everyone follows and if we find any exception, we think that he/she is abnormal since they are different.

Peer pressure has both positive and negative impact on our mind but mostly it is associated with the negative influence that affects a person.

September 27, 2019 at 8:51 am

Why to reduce it?

You are always;

Being under expectation,

Being under judgement,

Being under competition,

Being under peer-pressure.

But, why always it kill the sentiment of you?

Why do you get often lament, thwart and sole on being down?

Why do parents, so called relatives, wellwishing society etc.. ain’t communicate with feel of you, instead wedge you with aggravate taunts. Why?

Everyone is not same! Everyone is differ from each by differ aspect. You’re killing you inside just for people’s sake!What about you? What about the efforts and hardwork you did, unfortunatly it dint work but you’re forgetting destiny has also a role to play on!

You know about your future more, care about it more because of you have to live in that, people will come and go! You know how to pace up upon failure. Get up and fly sans any bounds and fucking stuffs. Be candour, brave confident to do whatever you want because you know worth yourself more than other!

Just believe and trust on your exertion. People burden you with their desires, might you’ve capacity to conquer that but destiny may not want to play in that way.

September 27, 2019 at 8:53 am

Here are 6 tips on how to manage the stresses and anxieties of dealing with peer pressure from others…

1. Know where you stand on a certain issue: Ask yourself if you are willing to do something that your friends want you do. Think about it and determine for yourself where you stand on a certain task or issue. Once you decide what you are going to do, don’t change your mind if your friends start to pressure you.

2. Communicate your decision to your friends: Explain to your friends what you are going to do. Give them reasons on why you feel this way. Be willing to answer your friend’s questions so they understand where you are coming from. If your friends get on your case on a regular basis, then maybe its best to find other friends.

3. Be firm in your decision and show confidence: Some people will continue to argue with you so do not give in to their arguments. Do what is right and stand behind your decision. Do not let others determine what is best for you.

4. Hang out with different people who do not respect your decisions: If your friends really like you, they need to respect you. Nobody wants to be with people who are trying to get them into some kind of trouble. You always have the choice to spend your time with other people.

5. Do what works best for you: Focus on the things that you want to do instead of trying to please others. Determine how you want to proceed on certain issues and then go forward with your intentions.

6. Do what is right: Do what is right and follow your heart. Doing something that is wrong can lead you into more trouble than its worth.

September 27, 2019 at 8:55 am

I don’t know any tricks or tips, what has worked for me is my decisivensss. I always hang out with my friends and colleagues. Most of them drink whereas I don’t.

They often offered me a drink saying “Try to karke dekh, ek glass mein kuch nahi hota” ( Just try it once, nothing happens when you drink one glass). I always reply no thank you. No matter what, my reply is always “no, thank you. I don’t drink”. That’s it. If your colleagues respect you, they will not force you further. If they don’t respect you enough, you need to make some serious changes whom you hang out with.

Situations may differ but your constitution and attitude ultimately decides how you will deal with it. Also there is no way to avoid peer pressure, our society is not such a kind where people attain maturity after one encounter or exchange. After refusing several times for many several things, my friends still try to pressure me into situations where I can’t refuse. I take a step back, relax and say what my views are. Try not to be hurried into something.

September 27, 2019 at 9:17 am

Peer pressure is hard, and is often very obviously prevalent in certain situations. The feeling of peer pressure is not something you can really get rid of, but you can change how you let it effect you 🙂 We respond to peer pressure because we want to fit in, we want others to like us. We want to share in the same experiences or opinions as those around so we will feel closer to those people and they will feel closer to us. However, it’s important to remember that there are so many people who are in this world, many of which we share the same interests and moral values with. In order to negate the effects of peer pressure, we must be confident in who we are and in our decisions. If those people who are putting peer pressure on us are making us question our moral values or pressuring us to make decisions we aren’t comfortable with, then these people are not the kind we want for friends. Volunteer, join groups with people who share your interests. These are the people you want to spend time with. And always remember to stay true to who you are! 🙂

September 27, 2019 at 9:19 am

The educational system, school, and teachers – all play a vital role in a child’s school life. However, the most influencing factors are the eyes as little as their own, the giggles that sound similar, the little hands that fumble together, the baby feet that run around the corridors, the minor things that they falter at, the silly pranks they play on each other, the inconsequential quarrels they have and the little hearts that fill with joy while being together. The first day when your child steps into a school, among several worries like willingness to join the school, reaching on time, liking their teachers and eating well, an underlying worry that lingers on a parent’s mind, is their child’s early impressions about his/her “peers”.

When these ‘peers’ turn into “friends”, it gives birth to a new world within them. “Mom! I made a new friend today”, says a shrill sound with twinkling eyes. As reassuring and joyous as this statement may sound, a part of us hopes that this journey is merry and lasts a lifetime. While they come home with stories of fun, laughter, joy and companionship, instances where they grumble about a missing pencil, a soiled shirt, a grabbed sandwich or about being teased – garners a sense of disquiet within us as parents.

September 27, 2019 at 10:09 am

Peer pressure is the direct influence on people by peers, or the effect on an individual who gets encouraged to follow their peers by changing their attitudes, values or behaviors to conform to those of the influencing group or individual. Peer pressure can affect individuals of all ethnicities, genders and ages, however. Peer pressure has moved from strictly face-to-face interaction to digital interaction as well. Social media offers opportunities for adolescents and adults alike to instill and/or experience pressure every day.

Peer pressure can happen in many ways and forms, it has almost become a part and parcel of life in this time and age. Right from birth to death, peer pressure is cause for the way a person’s ideals and values are shaped. It usually takes a strong will of the self to set oneself apart from coming under the influence of peer pressure.

Peer pressure, although, can work out in both ways. It has positive effects in a few cases, whereas in others, very bad effects. I guess, one could say that it all depends on the situation surrounding the individual at a given point of time. Positive effects include a student getting motivated to get better grades at academics or excelling in sports, because his friends are already getting it. Negative effects of the same situation include a student overworking themselves or peer pressure leading to parents pressurizing the children to excel, which just creates more stress for the child.

Same thing happens even in work spaces, industrial spaces, between two or more countries, etc. Basically wherever competition exists, there is always a chance of an individual facing peer pressure.

One way to escape the saddening and haunting clutches of the negative effects of peer pressure is to focus on oneself and to realize that nothing is better than to compare oneself with their previous experience with current experience rather than comparing themselves with others.

This was a recent topic of discussion on the Wishfie app, where users shared their opinions and experiences on the topic of peer pressure. Aakansha Chanda says that peer pressure works both ways, and she feels that one should always be very careful when choosing their friend circle.