Author Posts

October 15, 2019 at 11:50 am

I call it The Third Person Rule-

Well, it’s pretty simple.

The rule states that when ever you are in a situation that is completely invading your mind and restricting you to think wisely, just stop there. Now assume that you are some third person( a bystander) who is watching someone caught in the very same situation. Now is your time to think.

Is the situation he is caught in really that serious.
Is it worth investing such a lot of money, time and energy.
What can be the most pragmatic and least emotional solution to it that clicked your mind the first time you saw him.
Now, redeem yourself and apply the solution.

Many a times, we create a mountain out of a mole hill because either the person attached to such situations is close to us, or maybe we are not able to overcome our own barriers.

Hope it works just fine for you!

October 15, 2019 at 11:52 am

You’re not dependent, that’s right.

However, physical dependency only rears its ugly head in the final stage of alcoholism.

The previous stages are more subtle, and include tolerance (you need more alcohol to achieve the same high) and loss of control (drinking one is never enough, you keep on drinking).

While you’re not in the final stage of alcoholism, you do have a serious drinking problem. This puts you at a high risk of progressing towards a full blown addiction.

The good news is: you’re not in the final stage yet. If you act now, you can get out of it without (too much) permanent damage. You need to find a way to keep your drinking under control. If it doesn’t work, you may need to consider quitting completely, and go from there.

Take care and don’t let alcohol take over.

November 7, 2019 at 6:26 am

I was a heavy drinker for over 30 years. The day my wife left me she said I was an alcoholic. Even though she left, I still quit.

I decided to quit “cold turkey.” I told a friend of my plan. He said I should start eating jelly beans. Every time I wanted a drink, eat jelly beans.

The first few days after I stopped drinking were hard. I grabbed a handful of jelly beans every time I wanted a drink.My face looked like a chipmunk or a squirrel with a mouth full of nuts.

Gradually my taste for alcohol went away. Experts think I am more compulsive than a true alcoholic. All I can say is I drank morning, noon, and night.

I gained over 100lbs and learned the proper way to loose weight. I lost every pound I gained. I still have a sweet tooth but am able to control it.

I think about all the times I drove drunk. I could have killed myself or someone else. I never received one DWI. I should have received 100. I remember the blackouts. I remember having no memory how I drove home. I remember my sons finding me in the driveway hanging out of my door. I remember going to the bathroom next to my bed, thinking I was in the bathroom. I remember the look of disgust on my wife’s face. I am still ashamed of myself.

If you think you have an alcohol problem, you do. If you drink like I did, you can’t drink moderately.

I go to bars all the time with friends, I always say, “ I’ll have your best 7-up.”

I have no desire to drink. I quit 20 years ago and I’ll die sober.

This is MY way of quitting drinking. There are many ways to stop. Do what’s best for you. Stopping drinking is what’s important.

November 7, 2019 at 8:42 am

I’m of the mindset that there is more harm than good in drinking alcohol. I used to drink, it started turning into a problem, I quit drinking, and I don’t miss it.
There’s a lot of baggage associated with drinking, from addiction, health problems, and a tendency to make very bad decisions to major affects such as being a fueling factor to violence. Many people are killed daily by drunk drivers, and alcohol has been present in a high percentage of rape and violent crimes.
This is not to say that drinking will make you assault your family or friends or kill someone with your vehicle, but it does impair your judgement, and coordination and loosen inhibition.
In my time drinking, I never committed any crimes, but I did plenty of things I’m not proud of and would never have done sober. It also started hurting more and more the next day. After a while, the morning hangover wasn’t worth the night before. Another thing about alcohol that people don’t see coming is the dependence. No one ever planned on becoming an alcoholic, they lost control over time. This may not be a problem if you have strong willpower, but many alcoholics don’t realize they have a problem for years.
I decided to quit completely and feel my life is better without it. I don’t like not being in control of my emotions and sense of decency. I’ve drank enough in my life to know that alcohol doesn’t offer anything new, so I see no need to continue.
I recommend getting away from drinking if you can, while people can argue that there probably won’t be a problem with drinking in moderation, quitting altogether guarantees it won’t ever become one.

November 7, 2019 at 11:46 am

I was a blackout drinker, Like you, I had no stopping mechanism I would just keep going until i practically became a different person, a person not many people liked, a person i didn’t much like, although I didn’t care so much because I didn’t remember what had happened, and alot of the times especially in the earlier days I used to think it was funny.

But there is nothing funny about it, The amount of times I blacked out from drinking scares me to think about it now, I consider myself extremely lucky to be alive and extremely lucky I didn’t do any serious harm to anyone else.

I drank for 15 years, and 10 of those years I had a great amount of fun, 3 of those years i was starting to worry and though I may have a problem, and 2 of those years were complete hell, as I new I had a problem wanted to stop but had no idea how to life my life without alcohol.

Ask yourself this question, do you see your life benefiting from alcohol?

You have clearly noticed something early on in your drinking career, something that obviously doesn’t sit well with you, but only you can answer the question you have asked. Only you can make the decision to stop drinking.

I will leave on this note however, It took me 10 years to even start thinking I had a drinking problem and I drank very similarly to what you have described from the get go, If I could go back to 7 months into my drinking career and know what I know now, and I was asking myself the same question you have asked here. I know what my answer would be.

Good luck mate.

The Alcoholic Entrepreneur