Author Posts

September 27, 2019 at 12:14 pm

Just follow these steps:

Don’t say anything. Just look at them while they shout.
Wait until they are finished.
Ask them if they are finished. If they say yes, say either:
Do you feel better now? Then continue on as if they said nothing.
Nothing. Just continue on as if they said nothing.
I like this method because it puts them out on a limb by themselves. Don’t walk out on that limb with them. It makes them look silly because they’re alone out there.

This works for children having temper tantrums as well.

September 30, 2019 at 8:29 am

If you are sure you are in no physical danger, don’t do anything.
Don’t move.
Don’t speak.
Don’t nod.
Don’t break eye contact.
Wait it out.

Sooner or later the shouter will realize that he/she is getting no where and will say something like, ‘Well, aren’t you going to say anything?’
Your response at this point should be, ‘Not until you are calm’. Full stop.

If the shouting resumes, simply remain impassive until it ends, no matter how long it takes.

Refusing to ‘feed’ someone’s anger will result in them deflating a lot sooner than if you attempt to rebut or appease.

If they stomp out in anger, let them go.
Don’t bring up the situation later.
Let them do so if they choose, but once again, refuse to engage with them unless and until they are ready to discuss with you in a calm respectful manner.

October 15, 2019 at 11:56 am

I try to acknowledge the anger understand it as an emotion triggered by my thoughts first up. Just doing that sometimes gets that emotion back into perspective and it quickly settles without doing any damage. Probably because of a simple thought diversion. But more often than not I also ask myself where is that anger coming from. Where did those thoughts come from and were they triggered by a past event in my life? I think back as far as I can to pinpoint an event or circumstance that I could have miss interrupted without a doubt due to my ignorance or limited view at that time. Even doing this without remembering a connection seems to allow my anger to dissipate quickly. Thoughts are energy that our body converts into emotions which converts that energy into physical movements like speech, flight or fight. Energy isn’t positive or negative it is what it is. It is us that transforms that energy into positive or negative thoughts and actions. Once you realise this it opens a new world of self-control. The realisation that you and nobody else controls the way you think and having a huge bearing on your emotions is liberating, to say the least. But as with any skill it needs to be practised to become part of your nature. It helped me with my anger issues I hope it helps you.

November 7, 2019 at 6:18 am

First try to aviod..as if u have not heard the tease

if this does not work..say .(.to the people who teases u)…”poor guy dont have any subject to talk about so proud i m that valuable..n famous that people likes to talk only about me…”n smile smartly…

If these too does not work…than directly go n say on face…koi kaam thantha hai k nahi…mai itni pasund hu kya…k jab dekho tease kerte ho…papa mummy ko biju kya…baat kerne

Last ..try…just warn them…bluntly..if u r not going to stop teasing me..i complain directly to parents n principal…(if possible record thier teasing video n show it as a proof so they might not say..we r not teasing her..she is lying..ok

Try any of these n see which works n do inform me too

November 7, 2019 at 9:12 am

A Beautiful short story.

A theology professor was teaching about anger, he asked his students, “why do we shout in anger? Why do people shout at eachother when they are upset?”

The students thought for a while. One of them answered, because we lose our calm, we shout for that.

‘But why shout when the other person is just next to you?’ Asked the professor . “Isn’t it possible to speak to him or her with a soft voice? Why do we shout when you are angry? ”

The students gave some answers but none satisfied the Professor.

Finally he explained, “when two people are angry at each other , their hearts psychologically distance themselves. To cover the distance they must shout to hear each other through that great distance.”

Then the Professor asked, “what happens when two people love each other ? They don’t shout at each other but talk softly, why? because their hearts are psychologically close. The distance between them is very small. The Proffessor continued,”when they love each other even more, what happens? They do not speak, they only whisper and even get closer to each other . Finally they even need not whisper, they only look at each other and that’s all.”

So next time you shout to a loved one, know that you are creating distance between your heart and that person’s heart.

Thanks for all the views and upvotes. Really Overwhelmed.

November 7, 2019 at 11:14 am

Anger is an emotion.Emotions come from your body.I believe that if you want to take better care of your emotions you’re supposed to have the captivity to take good control of your body.People who are in excellent physical condition are likely to be mentally strong and moderate.
Do you like sports?If not,I suggest you go running and exercising every night,maybe just runing along the streets or joining in the gym.Firstly when you can take better control over your body you’re likely to better handle your emotions such as anger and sadness,hence doctors often advise depressed people exercise more,and when it comes to emotions control it works the same.Additionally when you run,through exuding sweat you are releasing some poisonous secretions which fuel your anger and other strong negative emotions.When anger comes you do need to vent it,not through violence but by figuring out a healthy way to let it out and use it up,hence it will fade.Last but not least,it’s possible that you will meet and make some friends who also love running and exercising,which will help reduce your social frustrations greatly.People become friends when they do things together especially when men exercise together.
I sincerely believe that you’ll feel calmer after constant running for some time.

November 7, 2019 at 12:07 pm

Oh, yes…

I absolutely love when someone is shouting at me in anger!

Why?

Because they have lost control.

And there are 2 things I know:

I’m important enough to elicit a highly emotional response from this individual, and
I have the option to stay in control should I choose to exercise it.
Not that I’m a control freak. Or that I actually love to be yelled at. Or that I secretly get a thrill out of watching others completely lose it.

I don’t. Really.