Author Posts

November 22, 2019 at 5:35 am

This situation gives the perfect opportunity to put your ability to control your emotions to test.

I would like to share my experience.

This happened at a client place when I was involved in an internal audit project. The Manager of the business unit was busy and I went and asked for some documents. As auditors I agree we are a pain in the neck for clients. But tight deadlines and the stress to submit quality findings pushes us to ask this and that from our clients.

So when I went and asked the manager started to shout at me in front of other staff. The place became dead silent. He shouted and I just stood there looking at him. I didn’t speak a word because he is a very good person and very supportive and friendly. That day he was stressed.

Finally he yelled ” Go and tell your senior that I can’t give any documents. Tell him that I told like that”

I replied ” OK. Thank you” and I left the place. While walking out I observed the staff. Every staff was looking at their computer screens as if they didn’t hear a word.

After a couple of minutes later I received a text from him apologizing for shouting at me.

December 20, 2019 at 11:33 am

Well, yelling is somewhat directly associated with anger and when someone is angry, he/she has probably lost his thinking capacity so, no matter whether you’re a culprit or victim just stay quiet.